1. The expression “warts and all” is associated with which famous English leader?
2. What words connected with debate and argument entered the English language during and after the Civil War?
3. What is an iconoclast?
4. Why is the word iconoclast closely connected with protestantism?
5. Who was the last Stuart king of England?
6. Why did the leading English nobles NOT like the last Stuart king?
7. Why did the leading English nobles like William III?
8. What happened to the last Stuart king?
9. What was the name of the decisive battle that established the United Kingdom as a Protestant country?
10. When did this battle take place?
11. What was Mary’s relationship to James II?
12. When did the Glorious Revolution take place?
13. What were the results of the Glorious Revolution?
14. Why did the leading nobles in England turn to the House of Hanover?
15. Who was the head of the House of Hanover as far as the United Kingdom was concerned?
16. What has happened as the United Kingdom has become more modern?
17. What was the name of the royal house that followed the House of Hanover?
18. Who was the last British monarch from the House of Hanover?
19. What is the name of the British Royal Family now?
20. What are the main features of a constitutional monarchy?